1. How many houses/apartments have you lived in throughout your life? Eight, including college dorms: a house in Alaska (3 years), a house in New Orleans (2 years), a house in the DC area (13 years), a dorm in college (2 semesters), another dorm in college (the rest of the semesters), a house in college (one summer), an apartment in North Carolina (1.5 years), and a townhouse in North Carolina (5 years).
2. Which was your favorite and why? My current house -- home ownership is the American dream, right? Well, here I am owning a home.
3. Do you find moving house more exciting or stressful? Why? Exciting. New things, fresh starts. The possibilities are wide open. The stress passes quickly, but the excitement lingers.
4. What's more important, location or price? Location. I'd rather not have to travel very much to get to work, church, etc. That is, unless my house were significantly in the country. Price is important in that it needs to be affordable.
5. What features does your dream house have (pool, spa bath, big yard, etc.)? Lots of space, both inside and out. I'd love to have a real yard. I want a library. A Jacuzzi tub would sure be nice, too. I also like fireplaces. And if it had a batpole to slide from the second floor to the first, that would be a huge bonus.