I'm too busy doing stuff to write much about it. Here's a quick recap of my weekend. Hopefully, I'll expand on some of this later.
- Geocaching: About five miles of hiking to get to and from the final stage for a great project cache: Pirates of the Seven Lakes. It was dark when I came out of the woods, I'm glad I had my flashlight.
- The Starbury boots I had on performed very well on the geocaching run. I wouldn't want to wear these boots for serious backpacking, bug for general trail day hiking, I'm very happy with them. I started to get a little bit of a blister on my big toe, but that may have been as much the fault of my socks as it was the boot.
- IHOP with yarbiedoll and aunt_toad -- yummy food.
- Went to bed earlier than usual so I'd be able to get up at 0345 in order to watch the meteor shower
- Meator Shower: Got up at 0345, discussed our plan with yarbiedoll a little bit. She noticed it was cloudy outside, which was enough to convince us to go back to sleep. Plus, it was cold. Also, it was 0345.
- Geocaching: Got up for real in time to be in High Point by 0800 for a breakfast geocaching event. Lots of fun, saw lots of people.
- Starburys: The store in the mall didn't have any Starburys in my size Saturday morning.
- State Fair: Lots of fun. Ate fried food, including fried Coca-Cola. Rode a couple of new rides. Bought yarbiedoll some salt water taffy.
- Starburys: I wore the sneakers all day at the State Fair. They were very comfortable. I think that was a good work-out for them and I'm completely satisfied with them.
- Geocaching: We hit a bunch of caches just off the interstate between Greensboro and Raleigh on the way to and from the fair. All told, it probably added 2 or 3 hours to our trip, and it was a lot of fun to discover a few of the caches -- especially one cache that is part of a series of caches that is an homage to the Chutes and Ladders board game.
- Sleep: I think I was asleep by 0230, maybe 0300.
- Sunday School: It's nice to be a participant in the class instead of the class teacher from time to time. This was the first time in years that I've been to my Sunday School class and wasn't the teacher.
- Church: I played in the bell choir for the 1130 service (they didn't need me for the 0800 service). It was great to be playing bells again, but I'm still not ready to add that activity back into my normal schedule. For one of the pieces, I didn't even get to practice with the choir beforehand -- the first time I played it was during the service.
- Sleep: I took a nap.
- TV: I caught up on some shows that were saved on the DVR.